doodly

Tuesday 17 May 2011

Botox for kids mum loses custody


Kerry Campbell has lost custody of her 8 year old daughter after injecting her live on Good Morning America. Child Protection Officials took Britney over the weekend from her home in San Francisco while they investigate her mother for child abuse. Took them long enough.
more details to follow in the week.
Update

In an interview with The Sun Kerry has done a complete 180. After bragging about how she is injecting botox and fillers into her daughter, as well as waxing her, back in March she is now feeling the magnatude of what she has done to her daughter its just sad that her daughter had to be taken away for her to realise what she has been doing is abuse. I dont know whether I fully trust what she says, it seems to be a bit of I'll say what they want to hear to stop me being a hate figure and get my daughter back but dont believe it.
What Kerry says to The Sun:

 "I cannot put into words the remorse I feel.

I am going to seek therapy for my obsession with looks so I will no longer push my insecurities about appearance on to her.
I will not use Botox on her ever again.
I honestly felt I was helping her. I regret doing it and remain committed to being a good mother and being reunited with my daughter.
I never wanted to harm Britney in any way and I thought I was helping her.
What has happened is devastating and I realise now that I was wrong.
I realise now what I did was wrong. I was so consumed with making Britney a star that I didn't realise how bad my behaviour was.
I am not emotionally unstable or an evil mother. Britney is the light of my life and I was trying to help her.
I can no longer bring myself to look at the comments on websites covering the story. It makes me feel like I am being beaten up.
I want Sun readers to know that I love my daughter with all my heart. People have said so many horrible things about me, when all I wanted was the best for my child."

One thing that is true, she definitely needs help and whereas she may not be an evil mother she isnt a good one. It will take more than I'm sorry to make her a good mother, that is even if she is allowed to have her daughter back although it has been mentioned that supervised visits would be the start of the family repairing itself. However I am slightly worried when a family member has been quoted saying:

"Kerry is a fantastic mother and she was simply trying to give her daughter a leg-up. Britney has shown absolutely no ill effects from the treatment and has always been a happy child.
"To say she is being abused is plain ridiculous." 

Its abuse when you inject poison into your child. Its abuse when you cause them pain for no reason (depending where she waxes it hurts as does getting injected by a needle). It is also abuse when you mess with your 8 year old daughters head and distort their vision of themselves. That poor girl will hopefully recover and not have any issues with her face and body but the chances of that are slim unless she is given the support that she is beautiful and doesnt need poison to make her so. 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment