doodly

Friday 8 April 2011

Personal Attacks

Ok it was our first anniversary last week and apparently MIL wanted to buy us something for the house - Nets for the front windows. 
Hubby said no its fine we have nets we dont need any. 
Her reply was yes but they would look nice
He replied with so my house doesnt look nice, 
No i didnt say that i just mean it could look better! 
So it looks ok it could just look better?
and so on. Anyway she got the message. Hubby told me about this little exchange and I admit I went off on a little rant about how nothing is ever good enough for her and not only is she having a dig at my mothering skills she is now saying my house is shite too. He replied with its not a personal attack on you! 
Umm this woman has just said that my house looked like crap but its not a personal attack on me because its about us. Honey I am one of the us so yes it is a personal attack. He doesnt agree. 
Then we have the whole divorce debacle that his brother and SIL have decided to start on facebook and thats not a personal attack because thats aimed at us too. 
Its like seriously honey we should both be angry because it is aimed at both of us but I do take things very personally and maybe he has slightly thicker skin but just because its about us doesnt me its not personal. Does it?

No comments:

Post a Comment