doodly

Tuesday 5 April 2011

Virgin on the Ridiculous?

Reading about a woman who at 44 is a virgin. The reason? Apparently there is too much sex around and women have it at the end of the night like they were buying a bag of chips.
Hmm well im not sure about that. 
I was in uni and engaged before I had it. For me it was a big decision and I had been with my fiance a long time. We had a few false starts where I was ready but wasnt and so didnt. When we did it was funny - yes funny and maybe a little awkward but it felt right and I enjoyed. We stayed together a few years but then he decided that he wanted to sample off the menu (other women). It hit me hard but when my next relationships came along I didnt jump into bed with them either. I maybe an exception because I dont drink, smoke, do drugs, etc. Even my friends are similar, obviously they drink and some smoke but only one can I call promiscuous lol she loves sex and makes no excuse for it and nor should she. She will have it with whom ever she can when ever she can. She is a grown woman who has come out of a relationship she was in since her teens and is letting her hair down.
That to me is better than getting married but having fooled around with the best man and other men in the years prior to the wedding, which is another friend I know. 
I think young girls are pressurised into lots of things too early like drinking, drugs, smoking and sex. Its crazy and the worst offenders are generally other girls/peers/friends.  At 16 all you want to do is act grown up and they think by drinking etc it makes them grown up when it doesnt it just shows up how young they really are. You sleep with your boyfriend because you dont want to lose him but you lose him anyway and then you get the rep of being a slag. If he says "if we dont have sex we are over" then girls should have the self worth to kick him to the curb. 
I do feel like this 44 yr old has missed out on something special - the relationship between husband and wife (not the sex) but the bond that we have and the creation of our child.

No comments:

Post a Comment